Pastéis de Nata 2
Welcome to another step-by-step recipe from BreadClub20. Why not drop by our main Facebook page by clicking here.... If you like what you see and enjoy the recipe, we hope you go on to join us by 'Liking' and 'Subscribing'.
Over in the BreadClub20 repository of recipes, formulae and processes is a recipe for Pastel de Nata.
I've been trying to improve on this recipe for a while.... this isn't so much as an improvement as a slight 'tweak' which enriches the custard and makes for a delightful tart.
300 gms of double cream
100 gms of whole milk
5 egg yolks
50 gms caster sugar
a pinch of garam masala
3 drops of vanilla essence
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 pack of puff pastry
and more nutmeg for dusting prior to baking.
1. Warm the cream and milk with ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg and the pinch of garam masala. When it's just coming to a simmer, take it off the heat and leave it to cool.
2. Roll out the puff pastry to 2mm thick and find a cutter that's a little bigger than the diameter of your tart tin holes. Cut enough circles to fill the tray and ease them into position.
3. Mix 5 egg yolks with caster sugar and the vanilla essence and then mix in the cooled milk mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into the tart cases - just over half-fill is fine.
5. Grate some more nutmeg over the top.
6. Bake at 200⁰C for 20 minutes.
7. Cool on a rack.
Post a Comment